"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, January 30, 2012

It's Monday!


I realize that something medical is usually mentioned in each of my blogs, so me starting off by saying that I am SOOOOOOO excited that today is my last day on prednisone should come as no surprise.  I have only been on this stuff for about a week, but during that time it has wreaked havoc on me beyond belief. I don’t think I have been this emotional since I was pregnant! It is nuts! So, today is my last day and hopefully I will return to normal sooner rather than later!

With that said… Only one more day (after today) before Don’t Let the Fat Chick Beat You undergoes a temporary face change.  (Trying to type this without tearing up) I can’t wait to not only see it up and running but to watch it as the next handful of months pass.

Something that I have noticed over the past month or so is the minor fact that I am seriously hitting the sodas WAY to hard.  A friend mentioned Crystal Light’s latest flavors, which include Appletini. I finally saw them at Walmart yesterday I felt it was necessary to grab a pack and see how it tastes! The instructions say mix one pack in two quarts of water, well, that is not how I do it; I make one bottle at a time and I don’t like my drinks very strong.  With all that said and done, YUM!!!!! I love bitter apple flavors, so this drink is right up my alley! 





~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment