"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Now get over it!

The past two weeks have been… interesting! Between Jose “being allergic to latex” to “no, he is not allergic to anything, get him to the dermatologist NOW” to “this and this are an infection, but I don’t know what that is at this time” throw in the mix my neck/shoulder having a hay day with me all last week resulting in an ER visit on Friday. 
With that all said, this week I felt like I was pregnant again, not because of the swelling and vomiting and all that but because of the emotional roller coaster.  Monday was off, YAY! Tuesday I started school again (I am getting there, I swear) and having a wonderful workout afterwards.  Wednesday I had a follow up with my rheumy (always upsets me) he is still standing by his diagnosis of lupus (hey, I can hope, can’t I?), got lectured for not calling him about the ER, got an entire shopping list of prescriptions (makes the situation even worse).  I got home (in the pouring rain) and told my sister I need fried rice for dinner (my comfort food).  Thursday was another school night and I returned to the gym to do 5.5 miles, ok I didn’t get that much in, but the 3.2 I did get in felt great.  I also got another mini set of weights in.  While on the weights I was able to think.  My resounding conclusion was life’s a bitch, now get over it.  By the time I left the gym I was feeling good, relaxed and nowhere near as down as I was Wednesday night.
I contacted my running coach and let her know about my new meds (can cause issues with my lungs) and let her know the rheumy wants me to keep up my activity as long as my body will let me.  I still have Beach2Battleship in my view.  I will do it, I will finish, I will have a smile on my face!



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

1 comment:

  1. You can do anything you set your mind to! Just when you think you can't do anymore, look deep inside and you'll find the fire you need to push you over the top! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete