"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Slowly





The past two weeks have finally started getting the way they should.  I have made it for some kind of work out all except 3 days, which isn’t bad. I got my first run of the season in with BRC FIT Team, it was short but it felt great!  I am having fun not only breaking in new shoes, but new inserts, as well! I have been really good about hitting the gym after class, but last night after class I was just to tired, so I went home and went to bed. Tuesday I got in an awesome 5-miler.  I am probably going to take today off too because this weekend is going to be a long one. Tomorrow I will be participating in Ride for the Cure. I am going to go for the 44-miler, I am not up to the 72 miler yet, maybe next year! Sunday I will take a leisurely run on my favorite trail followed by a nice dip in the pool.  Not sure if I will go indoor or outdoor, either way I will take it nice and easy and just relax. 

Ride for the Cure course and elevation

I am also officially signed up for my first race for next year! I will be running the Colorado Marathon again! I am going back to the full, but then again next year I have more than a week or so to get ready!

Here is to a great weekend! 



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment