"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

January is coming to an end, already!

Here we are almost a 12th of the way done with the year already! It is nice starting off a new year, last year’s headaches are over and this year has a whole new feel to it.

Trying to start off on the right foot I am happy to report I enjoyed a nice race weekend where I completed 42.4 miles over a three day period (5K on Friday, half marathon on Saturday and full marathon on Sunday). I had to walk the majority of it, but I really enjoyed it. Then I got to spend time with my family which made it even better!

I have signed up for the majority of my races for the year already. Since I will be doing a full Ironman next year (yes, I am starting to get excited) I am pulling my attention to bike a little more this year than I have in the past. Since I have a century ride in June I am working on getting my toosh ready! I have a whole two triathlons on the books this year (one sprint, one half ironman) and come runs. I only have one more marathon left this year and that isn’t until October. I have 96.2 run racing miles left this year!

For better or worse I found out the day after I got back from the race weekend vacation that I do have both lupus and RA, which that does have some baring on my races but I will try my best to make sure it doesn’t stop me completely. I understand that I MUST listen to my body and when I have to take a day or two off, I had better do it or I will get stuck take a month or two off (that would not make me happy!).

Next on the race schedule is a 5K and that isn’t until March!!! I am still putting some running time in, ok, not right now because I have been hit by the nasty crud that is going around, but I have been putting time in on the treadmill! Hopefully after a few days sleep I will be able to get back on schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment