"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Walk for Lupus Now

So I am doing my damndest to come to terms with my diagnosis. And working on dealing with it in my style I am looking for people around the Denver area (you can come from anywhere, I am not picky) who are willing to go for a walk on Sunday, 22 May for a good cause! The Lupus Foundation of America has Walk for Lupus Now walks all over the country to raise funds and awareness for/about lupus. It is an incurable disease that, trust me, can be so painful it isn’t even funny. If you are interested in donating or want to join my team and help raise money (and walk with me) please drop me a line. I will give you ALL the info you need

No comments:

Post a Comment