"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 3 (10% done!!!!)

When I got home last night I was COLD! Cuervo was curled up in his chair and Jose was on my bed and they were watching TV, my poor sister was in her room sick as can be. She came up to greet me and told me my boys had been really good all day. They watched TV and when they needed something they would come talk to her, otherwise they left her alone (they are amazing at doing that). Before I did anything else I got changed and hit play! The first round of jumping jacks I realized my calves for one heck of a workout on Monday! Freddie and Charlie tried to help me again. This time Freddie figured I need help staying up so he stood under my upper chest while I was trying to do push-ups. My sister came and rescued me! I was able to finish my workout (my knee played nice, thank goodness). Then it was dinner time. Quesadillas! I did have two, but I measured everything out. I only had a little bit of fat free cheese, and I did stack on the lettuce and cilantro, some no salt black beans and some other stuff. I thought I had made good choices, that is until I figured out the calories! According to Body Bugg and entering in everything I did eat yesterday I still came out without any issues. I was just shy of my goal calories in for the day. Monday it looks like I was way lower than I was supposed to be. I can now see where I am falling to short or going to far over. I figure 100 calories either way is manageable.

This morning I was back on schedule. I figured out how to get out of bed and Cuervo decided it was necessary to sleep in my room again (I think he just likes sleeping in his chair [it is one of those big round ones] and Charlie has no issues climbing up into the chair with him!). When I got out of bed Cuervo had packed up his chair and got it out of my way so I was able to get right into it. I hit play and again my calves started asking me what the heck I thought I was doing! This time during push-ups Freddie came over and started giving me kisses every time I came up. Then he decided it was play time with Charlie so they went outside. I have been doing the 30-day shred without weights, I am hoping to get to the store to pick up some dumbbells tonight. I don’t think I will need anything more than 3 – 5 pounds (for now). With my shoulder not back to 100% yet, this workout is great, it is not to strenuous on it but it does work out.

New bike pants (don’t worry, I did laundry Monday night) + running skirt (put on backwards [oops]) = perfect combo. My boss was in the gymlet today and I was so glad I had my skirt on. I am sure he wouldn’t have cared, but I would not have been able to get a good ride in trying to fix the back of my pants (they don’t go WAY down, but they are further down than I am happy with). After chatting with my boss for 5 minutes I got into my ride. Little hilly (nothing like what I am going to need for Elephant Rock – stayed between levels 5 – 9 with RPMS between 87 – 95).

30-Day Challenge

8 Feb 11

ü 76 oz of water every day

ü TV off no later than 10:30 (I have been falling asleep before my TV even think about shutting off!)

ü Down size Startbucks

ü Logging intake

ü 30-day Shred – Every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment