"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Honey Nut Cheerios and a banana

Don’t ask me what the title of this blog has to do with anything other than it is my breakfast this morning. Actually, lately all I have been wanting for breakfast is cereal! Usually I have egg whites and stuff, but right now I want my cereal! Yesterday I was sitting at my desk with my cheerios in a styrofoam coffee cup and a coworker asked where the banana was. So, now I have to have a banana with my cereal! Ok, so I am rambling, it is good for the health, you know!

On the training front I since Thursday, I made it to the pool once and to a spinning class. Friday night I managed to get about 30 minutes in before the water aerobics class came in and took over the pool. It felt amazing to be back in the water! Nothing was hurting, everything just felt like it let out a great sigh of relief when I hit the water. I am considering getting custom made ear plugs. Year ago, I was screwing around on the diving board and when I jump in I managed to rupture my ear drum/channel (can’t remember) and my sister and I thought it was so cool that I could blow bubbles out of my ear! I have been able to get by using the $5 ear plugs you can get at any sports store (yes, I wear them even during triathlons!), but they haven’t seem to be working so well lately. It is something to think about! As far as spinning goes, I was debating whether or not I should get up and go; I got up! I got in and this teacher is a trip! She is not the annoying perky bouncy type, but she was a lot of fun! I was dripping after the class (yea, I know ewwwww). We did “rolling hills” all at “our cadence” and some sprints that were within 5 – 10 RMPs of our cadence and then within 1-2 (she didn’t want us to kill ourselves quite yet!). Good class! Then it was off to Weight Watchers, I am down another .6 pounds YAY! But I didn’t stay for the meeting, I had more important things to attend to! Namely making my sister want to kill me. It was her birthday on Saturday so I stopped by King Soopers (grocery store) and I had planned on only getting her four balloons. I picked out the balloons I wanted (Betty Boop from me, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger “It’s a girl” from the puppies, a cupcake one from the boys and a noise one just for good measure). I went up to the counter to had them filled and the lady asked if I wanted any latex balloons, then this idea popped into my head! Yes! By the time I walked out I had one balloon for every year she is old! It was a good thing I had my SUV with me, there is NO way those balloons would have fit into my car! I also picked up a cupcake (vanilla, so she could give it to the dogs). Needless to say, when she saw the balloons she was going to kill me, but I also gave her the watch she has been drooling over for a while now so I lived to tell about the balloon trick I played on her! Saturday night I really blew any calorie level I could have possibly imagined! My sister and I took a friend to the Melting Pot (love their fondue!) we all had a great time!


This upcoming Saturday, I start running with a local training group, which mean no more Saturday morning spinning class, but in a way that is ok, because I plan on getting a spin bike within the next week or so. This group also means I am looking into signing up for another race; it would be a 10-miler in Garden of the Gods! (I will be updating my "Upcoming Races" section if you want to check out what I plan on getting up to this year!)

OH! And most importantly, my new bike jersey should be in today!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment