"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sam I am!

I am excited to report my bike jersey was waiting for me when I got home from class last night. The site said “•Runs slightly small, order one size up”, little did I know it was a blessing that the only size they have left was a 3X! That thing fits me like a XL usually does! But it does fit, the only it can do now is get looser! My boys love the jersey and I can’t wait to wear it for the century ride!

Even though life has been busy I still managed to get down to the gymlet today for a workout. As I was heading downstairs (I am getting really good about using the stairs) I decided I would do a high RPOM/low resistance ride today. The entire 45 minutes I maintained a 90+ RMP, ok, I am sure I dropped a time or two into the upper 80s, but what do you expect? Next time I will raise the resistance level. All in all it was a very enjoyable ride. It was nice having a flat ride!

I plan on sneaking by the fitness equipment shop this afternoon to see if they have my bike (I can’t get it until the weekend, but there is no harm in visiting it!). Last time I was in they had three but only two caught my attention. I will update what I decide tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment