"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, February 28, 2011

A few more days of weekend, please!

And it is Monday again! Sadly this weekend went by a lot fast than usual, but wha cha gonna do?

Saturday I had my first workout with Boulder Running Company Women’s Fit Team. Ok, the waking up at 6:30 on a Saturday was not fun, but I was excited to get down there and start! It was blowing like mad, but otherwise it was wonderful running weather. On the agenda for intermediate runners was 4 miles, so that is what I had planned. I had my new watch ready to take on its maiden run, I was excited! I got down there, signed in, the coach went over some information, we stretched and off we went! I hit play on my iPod and start on my watch. I took it a lot easier than I needed to, but I didn’t want to kill myself the first time I was out running. I ran a song, walked a song or two, ran a song… enjoyed the scenery. It was a very enjoyable run. My goal was to finish in under an hour (told you I was taking it slow) and I did that with no issues. I do need to fix my running play list. For some reason it has a run song, two or three walk songs, and then another walk song. Right now I want to work on run a song, walk a song. Once I have no issues with that again, I got up to two run, one walk, then three run and one walk, then run (up to five miles) non-stop. But right now, it is baby steps! Sadly, I had to go home, get cleaned up and then go into work (I am normally a Monday – Friday type of gal).

Sunday all I did was shopping, but trust me, that was a workout in itself!

So, this week’s schedule looks nice and calm with a 3 miler today and tomorrow, a 3.5 – 4 miler on Thursday and a 5-miler on Saturday. Cross training days on Wednesday and Friday. That is just what is on the schedule. Now, I do have my century ride, so I will need to get in some extra workouts in. Today for example I am thinking bike during lunch and 3-miler RIGHT after work. Might hit the trail on the Air Force Academy or might go a little further north. We will see where my car takes me! Oh! And weigh ins have moved back to Wednesday nights.

OH! Can you believe I almost forgot… My new toy! Saturday I had my new Forerunner with me. First thing I noticed was it didn’t have all the fields I wanted, easy fix. I turned my alarm noise off, but I kept vibrate on. It was easy to ready, it was easy to use, I think I can say I am in love! I am looking forward to putting on a LOT of miles with my new friend! As far as the HR monitor goes, I didn’t even notice it was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment