"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 7 - Taking a day off

Here we are ¾ of the way through the weekend and I have to say I am not doing so well on my 30 day challenge. I didn’t not hit play on Friday, instead I was outside trying to shovel water away from my driveway. There was just the right mixture of snow, ice and water that I could see having some major issues Saturday morning. Saturday I didn’t hit play either but I did make it to spinning and let me tell you I was so happy to be there. It was great to be on a spin bike again (I can’t wait until I am on MY bike again). Today, well, I am just tried so I am taking a day off from workouts. My water intake has also slipped over the weekend. I am excited to report that I did go down 6.6 pounds at my Weight Watchers weigh in yesterday. I was wishful thinking a 7 pound loss, so when I was the 6.6 loss I started doing the happy dance!

I picked up my bike from the shop on Saturday, hopefully the warm weather we are having will make it possible to hit the roads sooner rather than later. Either way, she is home and ready to go!

Tomorrow morning is back to waking up and getting my 30 minutes in. Tomorrow is also a stationary bike day, I think it will be hills.

Well, tomorrow is back to work, even though I could use about another three days of sleep!

OH! I signed up for the Denver Marathon today. I think that means all my races for the year are now paid for.

30-Day Challenge

11 – 12 Feb 11

Ø 76 oz of water every day – got it in for Friday, but not quite on Saturday

ü TV off no later than 10:30 (Still doing well on this one!)

ü Down size Startbucks (I am sitting in Starbucks right now and have my tall next to me, I didn’t have any yesterday!)

ü Logging intake – haven’t writing down yet, but that will be easy to do.

Ø 30-day Shred – nope! L

No comments:

Post a Comment