"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 2

My background on this blog is very fitting today! It is snowy and COLD out there! I think I heard our high is supposed to be a whopping 8 degrees (the low is -14 [that is without windchill!], who knows!

I have not hit play yet. Cuervo had a very rough day yesterday so he sent up camp in my room. Today is a snow day and sadly (luckily for me) my sister is coming down with the same thing I just got over! So my sister and my boys are staying home. Since Cuervo wasn’t getting up his “nest” didn’t move so I didn’t have space, but that is ok. I WILL press play tonight! Walking in this morning my knee kept bucking backwards (and having to be on the phone with my ‘boss’ for two hours) my lunch time workout got moved (if class gets cancelled tonight, I might sneak in a treadmill workout before I go home). Which means I absolutely will hit play tonight!

Yesterday I managed to get more than 100oz of water in! We ended up going to dinner at Red Robin (Cuervo loves that place and we thought it might help). They have veggie burgers there, but I didn’t want all those calories! So, I was very good and got a Cobb salad with no meat or dressing. When I got it I removed more than half of the blue cheese and about half of the olives. I was a little surprised that my sister didn’t realize how fatty olives are (she couldn’t figure out why I had removed them). Anyway, I did log everything I ate, to include my night time snack of popcorn!

Here is to Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment