"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Not a spin bike, but I got a cool new toy!


So after much soul searching I decided I am not getting a spin bike. I will do the best I can to keep the noise down (if the bike is to loud I will just crank up the music!). I ended up getting something that will get a lot more miles! Let me start off by saying I have had a Forerunner 405 for a couple of years now and I love it! BUT the battery dies before I am done with LONG races and it isn’t water proof and blah, blah, blah. So, I got a new toy! I just picked up a Forerunner 310XT, it is charging right now and I am so excited to take it out tomorrow! We are at 18% charged! I might give my old Garmin to my sister to motivator her get out and get moving, or I just might be greedy and keep it to myself!

While I was out and about I stopped and picked up my paperwork for the training team, first run is tomorrow between 1 and 5 miles (I think I will shoot for 4). After picking up the paperwork I decided I would be bad and stopped at Fizolli’s for their baked ziti, I love the stuff and I said multiple times no meat sauce. I get back work and guess what, meat sauce! Luckily I work near multiple young guys so I had no problem finding someone to dispose of it for me. I called Fizolli’s and told them what happened and I got the usual “well, you can bring it back in.” I stayed calmed and explained that I work on the a good 20 minutes away from them so they said next time I come in they will give me a free meal. Luckily I had “daffodil wings” in the freezer at work. They are actually MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings Veggie Wings, one of my coworkers informed me a while back you can’t get buffalo wings from a vegetable (not that you can get wings from a buffalo) so they are now referred to as daffodil wings!

I get to work late tonight and again tomorrow, so I am not sure I will get my workouts in today, but I know for a fact I will get my group run in tomorrow! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and expect a nice report on my new toy on Monday (maybe sooner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment