"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 1

Here we are Day 1 of my 30 days. This morning when my alarm went off I told myself I can go ahead and sleep some more and I will do my work out this afternoon.

Let me rewind a bit. I went to Weight Watchers on Saturday morning and found I out put on 5 pounds, no real surprise, but DAMN! That is ok, I am getting back on track, I am not drinking a gallon of orange juice a day and laying in bed and doing no real physical activity (hey, I was sick!).

So, like I said, here we are Day 1. First thing is first, I did get my butt out of bed and hit play! My boys were supposed to keep the fur kids out of the way, but that didn’t quiet go as planned. I found out that the proper way to do crunches is ever time you come up, you get a puppy kiss! Jumping jacks a puppy needs to sit in front of you and wiggle his butt and then when you start butts kicks (I was very careful) he grabs onto your workout bottoms and provides more resistance for you! Mind you this is after only one time through… it was a good workout, I was sweating! And the 30 minutes (well, 27 something) flew by! I am looking forward to hitting play again tomorrow.

I also made it to the gymlet during lunch! I got a new pair of bikes pants (capris) this weekend and I had to take them for a test ride! I went to the bike shop to drop Baby off (she needs a new chain, so far, they had just started on her when I got that call), I can’t honestly be expected to walk in the front door go all the way to the back drop off my bike and walk back out the front door without doing some shopping! Plus I found out that their big sale will be the second weekend of March so I started my wish list! J Anyway, new bike pants, when I tried them on at the store I didn’t realize they were low riders (add in the fact my rump is on the large side-plumber!)… note to self: wear skirt over the top! It was a good thing no one else was in the gymlet with me! I did 45 minutes interval (2 minutes at level 5/2@level 10) today and my tush didn’t start hurting until I had 11 minutes left. Except for trying to pull up the back of my pants the entire time I like the pants. The padding is good. Usually I am uncomfortable about 10 minutes, it took me 34 minutes to get there today.

I am very proud to report I got my tall iced, non-fat, decaf latte; trust me my Starbucks people were shocked! I packed my food for the day… two serving of egg beaters egg white, ½ a serving of non-fat cheese, Morningstar sausage patty for breakfast; Greek yogurt and strawberries for morning snack; hummus, cucumber, cilantro wrap and carrots for lunch; and then cheese and crackers for afternoon snack. I think we are having non-fried eggplant parmesan for dinner (a guy in the grocery store told me the recipe, hope it works out well!).

Water – one plus bottle down, a little less than two to go!

1 comment:

  1. SOunds like a good start! When you are making your meals for tomorrow, pack an extra one, that all sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete