"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

No iron distnace this year :(


I guess it is time to update this.  Sadly I will not be completing my first iron distance this year. Shoot, I won’t even be starting it.  For the past month I have been pretty much stuck in bed.  Rheumy says I am in a full fledge flare up, doc is worried about my kidneys. Come to think of it, I am pretty sure it would have been safer to hide this entire month.  That is ok through.  I am taking it easy listening to my body, trying not to bite anyone and everyone’s head off (thanks to the prednisone) and when my body is ready to start over I will start at square one and slowly build up again (I can’t even go a half mile without being in excruciating pain right now).  This is just a stumbling block for me, nothing more.
Thank you Beach2Battleship for having a refund policy.  The more I have to deal with them the more I like them.  My first iron distance WILL be Beach2Battleship.
I am not going to push it, but I would like to do the Turkey Trot 5K in November.  If I can’t, I won’t, but it gives me something to look forward to.




~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment