"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I wore him out! I wore him out!

Today was supposed to be bike power intervals, but spin class was more of an endurance ride today.  We did hills, we did sprints, so I am chalking it up to a successful training day.  After spin class it was off to class class! I am already halfway done with this quarter, which means I am that much closer to graduating!

This is not one of my kids (human or fur!).
After class, I had to zoom to an appointment and then zoom home, I beat Cuervo home!  I asked both kiddos about homework, they both said “Nope! Nada!!” (which is understandable, they only have three days left before summer break!) I told them to get running clothes on and we headed to a run group.  I figured we would go Jose’s pace, ok, I made him pick up the speed, but I wanted to get done at some point tonight. I told them by the end of the summer I want them to be able to run the whole distance.  Poor little Cuervo was so tired on the way I was doing the happy dance because I wore him out!!!!! Hey, that is not an easy task!

Tomorrow is run and swim day (and more school!)



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment