"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Crazy day!

After yesterday’s swim I wanted to get to the pool this morning and give it another shot.  Unfortunately today was going to be a busy day without any workouts, but I got up and out the door with my kiddos and got to the gym.  I had to wait a little bit before a lane freed up but once I was in and situated I have no issue getting my entire swim in.  It felt great!

I hit the hot tub for a very short time before I had to get out and get going. My next stop today was the rheumy.  As usual we went over my shopping list of meds and then discussed my current issues.  I told him about the weird thing that happened with my hand and he told me that happens because of my RA. My lower back is still an issue, but I am doing what I can.  The things on my hand are something we need to keep an eye on, but he isn’t worried at this point.  Blah, blah, blah, I didn’t get any new meds (YAY!!!!), and I don’t have to go back for three months.  In the lupus world that is HUGE!

With only a short break I was off to class.  It wasn’t too bad, but knowing how nice it was outside made me want to get out early.  Once class was over I hit the trail on my bike for a short ride.  Wasn’t quite an hour, like my schedule said for today, but it was first ride of the year outside on my bike. 

Tomorrow is Cuervo’s graduation form elementary school! So tomorrow will be another go, go, go day. Hopefully I will be able to start my morning with my 41 minute run and my 1800 meter swim. 

Oh! And Saturday is my ColorRun 5K race, which should be a lot of fun (and Very messy!)




~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment