"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

New Rheumy, to much homework and Elephant Rock

Well, yesterday afternoon was my appointment with my new Rheumy.  I have to admit I was really hoping he would tell me he did not agree with the previous diagnosis.  I got there and it was a nice little office, but couldn’t help complaining to myself that I am just to damn young to be sitting in a doctor’s office like that.  I finally got to the back and the doc came in and introduced himself and first thing I noticed was his bed side manner was a lot better than rheumy.  He actually talked to me not at me, he asked me questions, listened to what I had to say before jumping to conclusions.  He looked over my records did a physical exam and then told me I do have lupus but he isn’t so sure about the RA (I was happy to at least possibly have one knocked off the list).  I had to have even MORE blood drawn and got to pee in a cup again!  I got back in a month, but I can say, happily, I think this doc is a lot better than the other one. 
I did not make it to my run this morning, I just have WAY to much homework to get done.  I am about half way done, sort of.  Tomorrow I am still planning on the bike festival.  Baby (my bike) went into the bike shop today so they could readjust my thingy (I have no idea what it is called, but it is the track thing for the chain on the front), he also did a quick over to make sure everything was good.  I am only doing the 34-miler tomorrow but I am looking forward to it.  I will be wearing my Sam I am shirt!!!!!!  LOTS of sunscreen and I will be prepared to pay the price for being in the sun that much.  I don’t care, I will have fun! 
I hope everyone has a great weekend!


~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment