"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, June 3, 2011

You want me to do WHAT???

Here we are at Friday again.  This week started off REALLY rough, but rapidly improved!  I got three really good workouts in with two more to go.
Monday – I was flat on my back because of to much pain.
Tuesday – An amazing run/weights workout
Wednesday – Swimming JJJJ
Thursday – Pilates…  I had planned on going for a ride, BUT I had a very long day at work and I was tired AND my sister (who wasn’t coming home until late) had the key to the garage (where my bike just so happened to be).  So I was flying down the road to pick up Cuervo for gymnastics (yes, my son is in gymnastics and he was awesome at it!) and called the Y to see if they had any yoga classes available, they didn’t. BUT they had a Pilates class at the perfect time! I dropped Cuervo off (I am sorry, but I cannot deal with gymnastics moms, I can’t do it) and off to the Y I went.  I walked in and there were a whole two people in there (with 5 minutes until class started), the instructor introduced herself (nice lady), I set up my stuff and ran to the bathroom.  When class started there were a whopping three students (I was the youngest) and the preggo teacher!  I got one heck of a workout in but I felt so relaxed when I left.  During the class we were doing leg lifts and the instructor asked if anyone’s hip was popping and I was the only one!!!!! (read above “I was the youngest one there”) Anyway, like I said, wonderful class.  As I was heading to pick up Cuervo I got a call from him letting me know he was waiting outside the gym (I was a whole minute out).  Got home, let the puppies out, I was still tired from the long day at work, but I felt good. I was very glad I went! Oh! And yes, I fell off the ball at least once!
Today – REST! YAY!!!! Actually, today I will be heading to the new Rheumy (wish me luck!), then I will be stopping by the hospital to visit a very dear friend (please keep her in your prayers).
Saturday – group run – I am shooting for 3 – 4 miles, maybe 5, not sure I will play it by ear.
Sunday – should have been my century ride but (assuming my back is playing nice) I will be doing a 1/3 of the distance.  Since I have not been making it out on the bike like I should be I am shooting to keep it under 2 and a half hours.  
Monday according to my tri training schedule is a rough swimming day (but I can’t wait!)
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.


~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment