"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One, two, ummm, two, three?

I don’t know about you, but when I am swimming I can’t never quiet remember what lap number I am on.  So I got a lap counter, this cute little thing by Finis and I took it for its first outing last night.  I set it up on the deck (I usually don’t do flip turns so it was fine having it up there) and off I went.  The only issue I was having was double tapping (which is not a hard thing to do!)
I am still on Cloud Nine about the whole Iron distance race.  On 3 November 2012 (which we are now less than 500 days away) I will be in North Carolina completing 140.6 miles of swimming, biking and running.  My sister and I are already discussing my tattoo; hey, that type of accomplishment deserves to be permanently marked on my body! I have a Betty Boop triathlete already on my shoulder and I am saving my neck for my ironman tat!
I am even more excited to have the help/support of my favorite running store, Colorado Running Company.  I have to start off by saying when I start running my sister talked me into going to Boulder Running Company to get fitted and all that, but the attitude I received from them you can’t run, you are to fat. Now, I am sure they didn’t mean to give me this impression and it has since changed, but something like that kind of sticks with you.  There are three running stores here in town, Boulder Running Company, Colorado Running Company and Runner’s Roost.  I have been to Runner’s Roost a time or two, but I was never blown away by them.  Now, I am not sure how I got to Colorado Running Company (besides in my car) but somehow I made it. I was fitted for shoes with no judgment and had a generally wonderful experience.  After a few visits I dragged my sister in there, she is larger than I am and nowhere near as fanatical about running as I am, but they treated her like she was an Olympic runner.  With all that said, if I see something I like and it isn’t in my size, they have no issues ordering it.  If there is a product I REALLY like they take it into consideration to start carrying it.  I love this store!  They carry skirts (and shirts and other stuff) with their name written across it and I am hoping I will cross the finish in next November with Colorado Running Company written across my rump, because they are one of the driving forces that have helped me get to where I am.  (Thank you John and everyone at CRC!)
I have a few “big races” between now and next November, but all of them are training for November.  I have four triathlons this summer, one is a half IM and it is one of my “big races.” I have a multitude of running races to include a half marathon and a full marathon (a “big race”) and I am started to plan next year! I am excited to be running the Colorado Marathon and I plan on hitting Elephant Rock again (both as training). 



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment