"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

2 February 2012.
I was not successful in getting my five miles in yesterday, which is ok.  Last week I ended up in the urgent care because I was enjoying the worst bout of vertigo I had ever experienced (it is a very common thing with me!) with a twist of numb patches of skin.  The docs decided it was rapid a rapid onset ear infection (I had holes in both my ear drums), I have no idea what difference there is in a rapid onset ear infection and a normal one, either way, I am still getting over it and my sister is adamant about me NOT pushing it! So I moved yesterday to Friday, Friday to today and today to yesterday, in English:

2/1 – Wed
2/2 – Thur
2/3 – Fri
2/4 – Sat
2/5 – Sun
Rest
3 miles
5 miles
10 miles
Rest/cross


Today I had an appointment with the VA  at 9:00, afterwards I figured I would go visit Garden of the Gods even though we supposedly have a snow storm on its way in.  I completely almost 3 miles of some awesome hill work.  It was mostly walking, but I have time to work on that!



While I am in the processes of getting ready for North Carolina I am also working on fixing up my house.  It is time for a major facelift.  It has taken me months to choose the perfect colors for my bedroom so today I started!  First fix… that stupid popcorn on my ceiling!  I hate that stuff (it has been tested for asbestos, so don’t worry!) I am figuring I get a training workout in and then I get a home repair workout! :D My room is first on the list (hey, I am doing the work, it is only fair I get to have the pretty room first). My room will have the popcorn removed, everything painted and then the carpet will be torn out and replaced with laminate flooring.  I have to say, this has been another difficult choice to make.  My sister and I agreed on Pergo flooring (it has nothing to do with their mascot!), but it has, inadvertently, been put through a Charlie or Freddie test. I had some samples in the middle of my room (trying to figure out what color I like) and one of the dogs got a hold of it and used it as a chew toy.  The back of it is torn to shreds, the front of it… not a scratch! 
We are expecting snow tonight and tomorrow, which will make Saturday’s run interesting. As long as the trail isn’t covered it will actually be enjoyable. It is so peaceful to hit the trails after a nice snow.  The views are usually breath taking.  


~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment