"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Finally! Winter weather for more than a day!

7 February 2012.
After accidentally over sleeping, but not horribly late, Cuervo and I went zooming out the door to ensure he wasn’t late to school.  Not exactly sure why Jose let us sleep; I woke him up to take his shower and usually I doze off until he is done.  For some reason he did not find that odd.  Anyway, that is neither here nor there. 
Cuervo was dropped off in a timely manner and I zoomed up to the gym.  Thought I forgot my purse at home and started heading home and I realized I had it in my gym bag. 
I got in, got up to the treadmill, I figured I would put in a 3-miler before spin class.  I could even get a mile in before my back was screaming.  I managed to finish the mile and then I found a foam roller. I thought that might help. No.  I still had about a half hour before spin class started, first thing I did was call my chiropractor to make an appointment.  I am hoping that will help. I went into spin class early with the understanding that is my back isn’t happy with I was not going to fight it. I got set up, put my headphones in and started. Once class started I took my headphones out and joined the class.  We did a lot of work out of the saddle.  Not quite a run, but it was a great workout and my back was happy.
I go to the chiro tomorrow at 2:15. I still plan on hitting the gym, might try some elliptical and then hit the pool for a while for some water running.
Oh!!!!!! And after my class I had a Luna Bar... YUM!









~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment