"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

6 February 2012.
Here we are at Monday again. Sadly I am the queen of excuses today! 10 mile run over the weekend? Yea…. Thursday after I finished my wonderful outing at Garden of the Gods it started to snow and continued to snow.  My boys had a snow day on Friday, instead of going to the gym I used my kiddos being home to my full advantage! We have lots of painting and scraping to do. Saturday we continued painting and scraping. Oh!! I did make it to my favorite running store and picked up a couple of things on sale!
Sunday I was excited to head out for my long run; it was cold, which was fine, I was bundled up! Apparently the trail did not want me out there.  There was WAY to much snow to be running in.
Today I was determined to hit the trail. Once again, I was bundled up. I found a part of the trial that was not buried in snow. I parked… I started walking to the trail (had to cross a small bridge) my lower back was already grouchy.  Ok, I will walk/run it off as usual, not a big deal.  ½ mile in, my back was still cranky.  A mile in I still couldn’t stretch my back out. Nothing I was doing was working so I decided to turn around and call it good for the day. Tomorrow I have spinning and I might try to get some treadmill time and see if my back plays nicer there.  The really weird thing is I got back to my car and BOTH my feet acted as if they had Charlie horses! I don’t know.  We shall see how tomorrow goes.  OH! When I got home I did get an ab session in.  I put in the ab ripper X, took it easy because of my back, but we shall see how that goes!    


~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment