"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Anything you can do I can do better…

Anything you can do I can do better…
28 February 2012
Ok, it is more like anything you complain about I can complain bigger! I have known someone like this for YEARS!!!!! The sad thing is his complaints are nothing! Well, they might seem to be the end of the world for him, but to me they are nothing but petty histrionics! Going around on Facebook.com lately is a cancer thing…
Stupid cancer… Some of us want a new house… A new car… A new mobile phone… To lose weight… But someone battling cancer wants just one thing, to win the battle.  97% of my friends won’t re-post this, but 3% will.  Let’s see who does. Please re-post this in honor of someone who lost their battle, or for someone fighting now.
A friend made a comment that got me to thinking. 
“Some of us want a new house” just reading over this you would think someone is being selfish, but the thought that the people who want a new house includes people who live in houses that could fall apart at any moment or even worse, they don’t even have a house to begin with.
“A new car” Ya know, public transportation in most places in this country SUCK!!!!! And try dragging a couple of kids on the bus to go grocery shopping or get to the ER at 2 o’clock in the morning, I am not saying that cars are an esential part of life, but for some they are a neccessaty. 
“A new phone” yea, I got nothing!
“To lose weight” it is funny how our health directly relates to our weight.  I am not sure how losing weight is considered shallow. 
Way back in 1988 I lost my grandfather to brain cancer, in 2000 I lost my uncle to esphogus cancer.  I have no idea what they went through.
I have a close friend who has lost two of her fur babies to cancer.  Losing a fur child of my own to kidney failure I understand to a degree how she felt watching her sweet babies fight the battle of their lives and eventually cross the rainbow bridge.  I know “but they are only dogs”.
What about military spouses?  Kissing their loved ones good bye for God only knows how long and praying and hoping their significant other comes home alive and safe. 
There are so many issues and not everyone is as strong as everyone else.  I realize I bitch and moan when I have bad days, but I am actually greatful.  I have found out just how strong my support system is and who all is in it.  I have discovered just how strong I, myself, am.  I have learned to not only look at life in a whole different light but to enjoy every minute as much as possible. 
Don’t get me wrong, I support cancer research whole heartedly.  The more diseases and illnesses we find the cure for, the better!



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment