"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Outside the box

1 March 2012
I knew from the get go training would be difficult for my full iron distance race.  But in a way it has become an exercise in thinking outside the box.  I need to get my training in, but I am still dealing with a baby flare up; my back is not cutting me any slack.  It hurts to run sometimes (more often than not) but I still need to get my training in, and it has to be quality, it can’t just be miles for the sake of miles. 
I am a little too excited that my back is more than happy to go to spin class (my butt doesn’t like it, but it needs to get over it!).  There is also my friend the elliptical machine, which is something my back and my knee (which was smashed into a corner yesterday) really enjoy.  When those fall though there is nothing like water running or for that matter just hanging out in the pool and relaxing!
I am also one who needs rewards! I want my rewards! SO I made a deal with myself that every 50 miles (not including miles on the bike) I can get a mani, every 100 miles I get a pedi. I got a whole 3 miles today!!!! J

On the support front… I have to do a shout out to my favorite running store in the entire world… Colorado Running Company!  I love the fact that I can go in and the help I get is amazing.  I don’t get judge by my size, I am seen as a runner/triathlete . I can go in there and say this or that is going on and I need help.  On Monday I went in and asked about my back.  I had some inserts put into my shoes and was able to complete a 2.5 mile run without as much pain.  I love the fact that whenever I need help I can go in there and I get the help I need. 



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment