"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Relaxing!

2 March 2012
The weather around here has been a little odd, but it’s Colorado, so what do you expect?
Kind of a continuation from yesterday…  Once a week I have a weight loss appointment (well actually it is a “Move” appointment for wounded/injured people) and the class subject was physical activity (we have food and psych as well).  The instructor went around the class to find out how everyone is doing.  One of my class mates deals with fibromyalgia and both of us commented that we are dealing with a flare.  Later in the class the instructor made a comment it is important to try to either work through the pain or work around it, “except our two people who are in a flare up, they need to just relax and wait it out.” Ummm, I don’t think so.  I refuse to sedentary for THAT long. 
Today I had a 2.5 mile run on the books and I was short a cross training day.  I got on the treadmill and did my 2.5 miles of run/walking. My back dealt with it pretty well and my knee (which I hit AGAIN last night) did ok.  I did get a few cramps, but I worked through them.  Then I did a smidge of core work (still taking it easy).  Then off to the pool.  Ok, my shoulder needs some strength training, but by the time I left the gym I felt so relaxed! It was great! Yes, I was tired when I went in and I was tired when I left.  Shoot, I am tired now!  If I waited until I wasn’t tired I would NEVER get anything done.  At least I am a happy and relaxed tired!
Tomorrow – group run with BRC… 4 miles (assuming my back plays nice)



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment