"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Let the weekend begin!!!!!!

3 March 2012

Whether you are employed or not there is something to be said about the weekend.  It just occurred to me that I wake up earlier on the weekends then I do during the week, and quite frankly I LOVE IT!!!!!
This morning was the weekly BRC FIT group run, I was supposed to do a mile more than last week (which was 2.???). I did a 3 miler during the week, but it was on the elliptical so I decided I would do between 3 and 4 miles.  I was going to listen to my back and my knee (which I have hit, yet again!!!!). It was cold out, but I knew that before I left the house… I had running rights under my pants, I had a two running bras on (one is almost ready for retirement), a running bra shirt, a long sleeve shirt , a t-shirt, a sweat shirt, a jacket, gloves and a the kitty hat that a friend gave me for Christmas (my running hats are in my car which is STILL in the shop).  I successfully completed three miles without any knee or back pain, my shins/calves were a little off for the first mile, once they warmed up I felt much better!

On my way home I made a stop at my third favorite store… Home Depot.  I am doing a lot of home improvements right now and I needed to pick something up! Once I got home (before I even took my shower it was time to start doing stuff!  I managed to get a screw in behind my nail! I know, yay for me! I now have a Meeper band aid protecting my finger.  I have most of that little project done now, but there is still so much to do! The fur kids hate me doing weird things to the house, they are just going to have to deal with it!
Tomorrow I might hit the pool for some quiet time, or I might paint another wall.  Who knows! It’s the weekend so everything is fair game!!!!

Oh! I have picked up a few books lately they include The Grace to Race by Sister Madonna Buder (she is SUCH an inspiration) and Trizophrenia by Jef Mallett (looks funny).  I am looking forward to reading both of them!


~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment