"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Beliefs

11 March 2012
This morning I saw something on Facebook that I had to borrow.  Your Beliefs don’t make you a better person, your Behavior does.” I have met a multitude of “Christians” who try to make people believe they are good people JUST because they are Christians.  I have also dealt with a number of atheists who are the most kind hearted people I have ever met!  Now, I am not saying all Christians are bad people (I was born and raised Catholic), because they are not nor am I saying that all atheists are good people because that isn’t the case either!  Don’t tell me you must be a good person because of what you believe; it is all about how you behave!

Today completes week #2 of training.  I have heard taking a rest day can be the hardest thing to do.  Today is one of those days for me, I want to go get some pool time in, but I had my sister hide my suit from me! Yesterday was group run with BRC FIT Team.  I wasn’t really feeling it, at first so I took it as an enjoyable walk.  Once I finally started getting into it I was able to start running.  My left shoulder (usually it is my right shoulder that gets mad, but that is becuase it is "an old army injury"!!!!!!!) was oddly tight, but I finished happy and feeling good! Next week starts recovery week, but I have a 5-miler (which was supposed to be a half marathon) next weekend.  The weekend after next group runs move to Garden of the Gods; if you want a run that will kick your butt, run there!!!!!

Oh! And during my run yesterday I was keeping an eye on which zone I was in, kind of interesting really!  I usually run in zone 4/5. I focused yesterday on staying out of 5. This week during my runs I want to see what happens to my pace if I stay in 3/4.
Here is to a good training week before recover week!




~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment