"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wanna go for a card ride?

6 March 2012
Ok, so today I am a mean mommy!!!!! Well, not completely, I was just pulled a fast one on poor little Freddie!

Last week my car went to the shop yet again! Mind you this is the third trip in as many months! I am starting to get to the point of wondering if my car is truly worth all this money.  Charlie and I were at Wag-n-Wash (hey, he had a traumatic vet visit that morning [he got shots]and so we need a reward session and he loves baths) when we got back to my car it was dead! Well, not really.  I put the key in the ignition turned it… my car started for two seconds and then died.  I have been through this before so I knew what was going on.  Luckily I have an awesome family, I had two major issues #1 kiddos were going to be out of school within the hour and a half and # 2 I had a VERY large dog who isn’t a huge fan of strangers  with me!  My mom jumped to and took care of the kiddo issue.  My sister got to me a whole 5 minutes before the tow truck so Charlie didn’t have to have another traumatic event that day.  My poor car got towed to the dealership (my normal garage was not suited to deal with this issue), my sister gave me and Charlie a ride so I wouldn’t have to ride with the  tow truck.  Shortly after we got to the shop my mom arrived with my boys.  Charlie was sooooo happy to see Grandma!

Here we are a week later and my car is finally up and running again (stupid instrument cluster thing, again) so the issue was how to get my car?  The shop is only about three miles away!  I was hoping to get my car yesterday, but that called me less than five minutes before my kiddos were going to start walking through the door so I figured I would just wait until today after spinning class.  I mention car ride and both my fur boys get very excited. I get Freddie dressed and ready to go (I put on his harness) and out the door we go.  Forgot my Garmin, so we go back;  Charlie acts like we were gone for forever and he is ready for his turn.  Freddie and I leave again, this time we get to the end of the street and I realize I forgot my coupon (hey I was more than willing to turn around for a 15% off coupon), so we turn around again.  Finally we are ready to go and we are down the road.  I had my Nathan hydration thing with me (mostly for Freddie but I was also using it as a purse).  Freddie starts getting to the point where he is done with the outing and starting figuring out how to get me to stop.  He kept walking in front of me and slowing down.  We stopped and I offered him water, but he wasn’t interested.  Once we finally got there Pete (the guy I had been dealing with) had a cookie for Freddie, who has learned a new trick.  Freddie dropped the cookie and Pete bent over to pick it up for him and Freddie planted a HUGE kiss! We got checked out and Freddie was so happy that his car ride was about to actually start. 

I know you are only supposed to weigh yourself once a week and I understand why.  BUT I weigh myself every time I am at the gym lately.  Last week I had a bit of a shock when I got on the scale I could not believe what the number said.  My official weigh in day (this month) is Thursdays, so unofficially I have lost about seven pounds since last Thursday.  I have been able to get more of my training sessions in, though I have been VERY careful and I have been paying a bit more attention to my eating.  Today after spinning before getting my car I had a peanut butter sandwich and I realized I use WAY to much peanut butter. It is small things like that, that I am working on fixing. 



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment