"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Weight training 101

26 March 2012
I love spring break, I love spring break! For the next week I have buddies all day, every day! But that is fine! I have a gym membership and there is plenty of area for my kiddos to dispose of energy!  We had some appointments this morning so it was a little hectic (and didn’t get a chance to eat breakfast), after the appointments we headed off to the gym.  Cuervo is to young to come up into the cardio/weight area, so he hung out in the kiddo area (loved every minute of it).  Jose and I went upstairs and started off on the treadmill.  Then we did lower body weights, I have a lot of work to do with that kid! I kept having to tell him to stop staring at the TV.  I was doing my usual weight, for Jose I was only letting him work with 20(ish) pounds.  After lower body weights, we did some more cardio then some upper body weights.  After focusing more on Jose then my own workout (and the fact I didn’t have anything to eat yet) I figured it was time to get going.  I really wish they did not have TVs up in the weight area, but they do and Jose need to learn to pay attention to what he is doing instead of the TVs.  I think he and I are going to have a This is How You Use the Weight Machine lesson in the very near future (This weekend works for me!). 
It is kind of weird… I am signed up for the Colorado Marathon, obviously I will be not running the full marathon (thanks to my back), but I am not sure I am really in the mood to do any of it.  I am just really not feeling it right now.  I am not saying no, yet; I am keeping up with my training, but I am just not feeling it at this point.  Oh well, I still have over a month before I have to make any decision!

 

~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment