"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Floor is Getting Closer!

8 March 2012
No, I am not getting shorter! Actually I have shrunk a bit (thanks to my back issues).  I made a comment to my sister about the floor getting closer and she through I lost my mind! I have never been overly flexible (unlike my younger son), thanks to yoga I have managed to gain a certain amount of flexibility, but the whole thing of putting weight on and having back issues that flexibility hasn’t been around of late.  The other day I had to pick something up off the ground and I had no issue bending over and grabbing it.  There was no squatting down it was bend and grab!

Today was my official weigh in day and I am so excited to say I am down over eight pounds!  That is with no calorie counting just keeping an eye on “mindless snacking” and making sure we have a salad with dinner every night.  I get cookies for dessert most nights (some nights I just don’t feel like it).  So YAY! OH!!!! That means I get a new pair of running socks!!!!!!!

This week I have been right on schedule for my training and tomorrow … ACTIVE RECOVERY—LOW-IMPACT CROSS TRAINING OR FULL RECOVERY IF NEEDED I am going to use this as aerobics class day!  First I am going to try to sleep in a bit.  Tomorrow morning I have a choice between Spin Class, Zumba, hot yoga, and regular yoga.  I have never been to a hot yoga class, but my primary care doc highly recommends it but told me in NO uncertain terms to make sure the instructor is WELL aware of my medical conditions and ask for help to adjust some of the poses to make sure I don’t get hurt.  Spin class… it isn’t with Tony L but it is still a possibility.  Zumba not sure how my back with like it.  Regular yoga is a very good possibility! I also plan on getting some pool time.  I had thought about it today, but I figured after my 3-miler I was good for the day. 
Here is to another great weight loss week and an even better training week!



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

1 comment: