"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Achoo!

25 March 2012

Finals week is finally over and now the stress is kicking my butt! My sweet little germ buckets came home from school with the germ of the week and of course it is beating me up!  I have had to take a few days off of training, but hopefully I will be back tomorrow with a buddy in tow!

Today Jose tested my mommy skills.  Mind you, this kid is 12 years old… We were out eating dinner and joking around he decided to swallow a grape whole!!!!!  Needless to say I as up next to him in nothing flat.  He kept coughing, I kept telling him to cough! The waiter came over and asked if we needed more help.  My sister told him no.  He stopped coughing and started to talk, but he was wheezing like mad.  I pulled him into the women’s room, knowing we were about to make a HUGE mess!  We got into the women’s room, I got the trashed pulled out and the poor kid started vomiting.  I did all I could stood there and rubbed his back.  I was ecstatic when I saw the grape on the floor!!!  After years of first aid training, working as a life guard, I wasn’t to worried about making sure this person was ok.  I was worried about my baby being ok (trust me, there is a huge difference between a person being ok and your own child being ok).  Jose is doing fine, the bathroom was cleaned up, and all is back to normal (except Jose has learned a VERY valuable lesson).

 

~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment