"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 5 of the Shred, Day 9 of the challenge

Yesterday was Valentine’s Day which is usually a depressing time for me and the lovey-dovey crap and the blah, blah, blah isn’t the greatest thing for a single gal. Yesterday was oddly peaceful for me. I have been a single gal for going on eight years (yes, there have been dates here and there, but nothing really special), during these years I have taken the opportunity to find me. Even with a crappy diagnosis I think I can honestly say I am happy with where I am, with who I am. But if anyone knows any great single guys!

Yesterday morning my feet were a little tender so I figured I would not do my 30-minute shred in the morning. I got down to the gymlet for a good 45 minute ride (I really can’t wait until I get a spin bike), I picked up one of my monkeys (my sister picked up the other one), we hit the grocery store and picked up the last of our week’s groceries and then headed home. We were having fish sticks for dinner so I left my sister and my boys to cook the fish and I ran upstairs to get my shred in. Yesterday was the first day I used weights, ok, they were 3 pounds but I still got a good workout in! I was heading back downstairs right as the kitchen time went BEEP! I got everyone salad and their rice and veggies, we all sat down and had a good dinner and I was out before 9pm!

This morning my feet were tender again, so again I didn’t get up for my workout. During lunch I got to the gymlet and got a 2.5 mile run/walk in. Felt good. I am not sure I will make it home after class in time to do my 30-minute shred, but I have come to grips that I will not be able to do 30 days straight of the video, but it is a supplemental workout, so I will do what I can (while listening to my body!). My water consumption is not doing so well right now, that is something I will get back on track. My eating has been pretty good, I did splurge a little over the weekend but I still managed to come in around my calories, so I couldn’t have been to bad. In the past I was horrible about eating fruits. They were one thing I really wouldn’t eat, but lately have been enjoying some fruit with my morning snack (strawberries or pineapple) and in the afternoon a nice big juicy orange! My boss came to talk to me and he had just finished eating one, since then I have made sure I have packed on in my lunch and boy of boy are they good!

While reading another blog (when I remember whose I will update this) I saw something about Cool Running’s running plan. Using their plan I start training for the Denver Marathon on 23 May 2011. Obviously I have a few conflicts, but that is no big deal. But I am hoping to join the women’s training thing around here and see if that helps any. I still have time to figure all that out! My focus for now is my century!

Oh! And my boys (the two legged ones) did get me a thing of daffodils of Valentine’s Day! (I am not a fan of roses)

No comments:

Post a Comment