"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Finals week caught up!

Yesterday after work I drove up to the Y to get a nice swim in. I get to the parking lot and it is packed! Spring Break, duh! I refuse to fight with kids in order to swim my laps. So I went home, changed and walked to my Weight Watchers meeting. I stopped by the gas station next door and got a bottle of water and then went for my weigh in. I am sad to report that finals week finally caught up with a 2 pound gain. But it happens and it is time to move on! After the meeting I walked home, well had to run some sections because I needed to be somewhere before 7 pm and the meeting ended at 6:30. Luckily I was able to text my sister and by the time I ran up to the house I was jumping in my car and taking off, everyone was where they needed to be buckled and ready to go. I pulled into the parking lot of Bicycle Village at 6:55!!!!! Talk about timing J

Colorado Springs Bicycle Village had their huge tent sale a few weeks ago and of course I went, I needed a few things (and wanted other things). The two things I needed were shoes and a helmet (see, they are needs). I went into the store a few days prior to the sale so I would know exactly what I wanted in the way of shoes. I have big wide feet; I know that, I understand that, I accept that. So I picked out a men’s pair of shoes, found the perfect size, I was good to go! The day of the sale they didn’t have my perfect size so I got the next size down, they fit, but after an 11 mile ride I knew I really wanted the next size up (they weren’t hurting, but I knew after about 70 miles my feet would not be happy). So Monday morning I called them up and told them what I wanted and mention my bike rack (Saris Bones 3-Bike) lost one of its feet. I was told the shoes have been ordered and to bring the rack in. So I really wanted to get in yesterday (I received the call telling me the shoes were in). I got my shoes, they moved my clips from the smaller pair to the larger pair, and they gave me a new foot for my bike rack (my back window will greatly appreciate that one!). A little back ground on Bicycle Village. I have been shopping there since 2007. They have a maintenance class but I was up able to make it prior to my first triathlon, so they told me to come on in and gave me a one-on-one lesson on how to change my tire and the basics. I take my bike in every year for her check up. A few years back shortly after her annual checkup I was out for a ride and my crank broke! I brought her in and just had to pay to parts, they did not charge labor because she had just been in. I have never had a bad experience with them. I have been up to the Bicycle Village in Aurora and Boulder, they are ok.

My new bike skirt from Skirt Sports will arrive today and I am so excited to take it out of a spin this weekend. It occurred to me that I own a ton of skirts from verity of companies. So, I figure over the next few weeks I will post my opinion of them, the good the bad and the possibly ugly!

Schedule

Actual

Sunday

Rest

10 mile easy bike ride

Monday

3.5 miles

3.5

Tuesday

3-4 miles

.7 + Weights

Wednesday

45-60 minute cross training

4 + 2.14

Thursday

4 miles

Rest

Friday

45-60 minute cross training

Saturday

5 (HILLS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment