"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Carin Day 3

Well, yesterday was Day 3 at the doggy hospital. She took a lot more fluid then she had the two previous days, she was able to take over a liter! They redid her blood work and two numbers had improved (it might have only been a smidge, but they improved!). Unfortunately being poked and prodded for three out of the last four days got to her and she is very mopey. So the vet said we could decide if she needed to come back in and we have decided she is going to stay home today! We put her food bowl right next to her on the top of the stairs and she has a water bowl there too! (The pic is when she first met my boys [I can't remember whose rump that is], boy did they love her then and they love her even more now!)

Oh! And I am still working on eating right, the training has gone a little to the off track the past few days, but I am hoping to get to yoga tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment