"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weight Watchers Weigh in #6

The past two weeks have been a little to dramatic for my liking, but we are making it through (somehow)! First and foremost, Carin is acting like she is feeling great! At this point not only do I not want to know what her numbers are I don’t care! When she moved she is a little stiff, but man does that tail wag up a storm when she sees me. Right now she loves her Mac and Cheese with either hot dogs or chicken (plus one scoop of her food). She will climb up on my bed (I have stairs for her) most nights for a little while and then she will take her place in either the bathroom or the top of the stairs, both locations have a makeshift bed for her. She has also been greeting me at the door in the afternoons. She also seems to enjoy sneaking into Charlie’s bed and eating his food while he sits on my bed and just stares at her in disbelief! Freddie is still moving in (17 days left) and we are hoping Carin will stick around for a while to teach him the proper way of being a fur child in our family. On the weight and training front, things aren’t quite as good, but they aren’t horrible either. I finally started moving my butt again this past Monday. I made it down stairs for a 45 minute session on the elliptical machine and felt pretty good. Yesterday, Kiddo #1 couldn’t find his swimsuit so he was not able to go swimming while I went to yoga, I made him come with me! My legs got an amazing working last night! Kiddo #1 did a great job (no complaining, no fidgeting) but after the class he did complain his muscles hurt!
Tonight is weigh in #6 with weight watchers. I have less that 3.2 pounds to hit my first goal. I would love to make it, but I will be happy for any loss today. On the eating front, I haven’t really been paying to much attention to what I should be eating, but I am trying. The whole writing everything day bit is kicking my butt AND the night grazing.
Today, I am looking forward to a nice treadmill session!

No comments:

Post a Comment