"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, July 30, 2010

TGIF

Well, Wednesday night was yet another weigh in at Weight Watchers and for good or bad, the number on the scale didn’t move at all! I am very happy with it not going up, between all the stress lately and TOM I was expecting it to go up at least a little. Once again, my goal this week is to write down EVERYTHING! With everything going on, my great planning has gone out the window. That is ok, there is nothing I can do about yesterday, I can only work on today and tomorrow!
I did manage to hit the gymlet Wednesday during lunch, for whatever reason my run/walk was a serious struggle. I haven’t needed my inhaler for a while, but I really needed to have it with me that day! Yesterday the stars just did not align for a workout, so I took a rest day (but man did I hit the stairs). I left my lunch at home so I had to get something instead of working out (I do not have enough snacks to have worked out without a lunch).
I also went window shopping last night for Freddie’s supplies, while I was in Target I get a text message with a picture of him, I started squealing! Luckily I was with the kiddo who knows about Freddie!
Carin is having a rough day or two. Her tail motor seems to have gotten stuck and isn’t going near as much as it was the past handful of days. She also hasn’t been getting up on my bed the past two nights, so I get on the floor with her and love on her for a while. She did get mad at Charlie because he was playing with Pentipus (he only came with 5 legs, he cannot be an octopus!) on my bed and he accidently threw if off my bed (nowhere near her), he leaned off my bed to grab it and Carin started growling. Charlie left the toy and hid back up on my bed! I threw him the toy while loving on Carin.
Charlie is getting more and more fidgety for a playmate (besides me).
Today, I have my lunch packed and I am hoping to get a weight session in at the gymlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment