"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Weigh in day!

I am still not posting pictures! But today is weigh in day and hopefully the scale looks similar to what it did last night (hey, after the weekend I had, I was worried!). As long as I don’t go up I am happy!
Last night I stopped by my glasses place in hopes they could work a miracle with my glasses, I managed to get a nice scrape in the middle of one of my lenses. Fully expecting to be told there was nothing they could do and I would just have to buy a new pair, I was VERY pleasantly surprised! I decided to purchase the anti-glare and the anti-scratch two-year guarantee; I hit two years next month! So, I will be getting replacement lenses at no cost to me!
After picking up my monkeys we headed up to the Y. I wanted to go to yoga and the boys had been good so I planned on letting them play in the pool. I told Kiddo #1 that it would be awesome if they were out of the pool and waiting for me when my yoga class was over. Since I was early to yoga I got on the elliptical machine for a while and then I headed into yoga. The gal next to me was wearing short shorts. EXCUSE ME! You will be bending in every which direction, you do not wear short shorts to yoga! I felt pretty good afterwards, my hands weren’t hurting after class this time. That is not me in the picture! We did do that pose, except I can’t hold my foot like that because it hurts to put that kind of pressure on it. I have to modify a lot of things to keep the painful pressure off my foot. I am hoping yoga will help my feet come back to normal!I finished up, headed towards the locker room so I could grab my stuff and then go into the pool to drag my boys out kicking a screaming. As I approached the locker rooms I saw two boys sitting on the chairs, one of the boys was fast asleep! Yup, they are my kiddos! Kiddo #1 misunderstood me and thought I had said 6:00! They got out, didn’t see me when into the gym to play some basketball and then returned to the chairs to wait for me! I think they want to do that more often!
Here is to my weight loss tracker showing less than 90 pounds to lose!

1 comment: