"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thank God the weekend is over!

This weekend was both good and bad. The good thing was I got my room rearranged like I have been wanting to for a while, bad I ate like a pig! Every single weekend I eat horribly over the weekend.
Saturday I got up, made a great (healthy) breakfast for everyone and then reeled everyone into helping me move furniture. Lunch was great, I had one of my SmartOnes, and dinner was out the window!
Sunday breakfast was a little bad, but not to bad. Lunch/dinner – we went to Golden Corral. I had a nice salad, then I went to the mashed potatoes and the asparagus and the corn and the… You get the picture! Oh yea, I also hit the dessert area.
Yesterday wasn’t insanely horrible, but I was still an oinker! I had a good breakfast, a good lunch, took Kiddo #1 and Charlie out for a walk. We took a break at Starbucks and we all got a drink (yes, Charlie was enjoying his water as he lounged under the table). Got home had some chips and salsa with a little bit of cheese, then I had a popsicle, and then dinner and then… And I won’t even go into the number of sodas I consumed this weekend.
Like I said, I did take Kiddo #1 and Charlie out for a walk yesterday. One of my rules with Charlie is when we are walking we do not cross the street until he sits. By the time we were a block from home he was done! He let me know this the same way he always lets me know he is done with his workout. I tell him to sit and he lies down. Yesterday he decided to put on a performance for Kiddo #1. A block away from home we stop at the corner and he walks onto the yard and lies in the nice shade provided by the tree. He finally gets up, we get to the sidewalk in front of the house, I take him off leash (both dogs know “door”), and I tell him “door” does he go to the door? NO, he lies down right behind my truck and looks at me. Obviously he gets up and comes to the door, but he made sure I knew he did not approve! The poor abused puppy went straight out the backdoor to his favorite spot in the shade and backyard service delivered a bowl of nice cold water to him. Some puppies!
Last week's goals
Monday – Weight training and swimming – check!
Tuesday – 45 minutes treadmill/elliptical machine and yoga – sorta check!
Wednesday – Weight training and swimming (Weigh in day!) – Nope (dealt with sick kid).
Thursday – 45 minutes treadmill/elliptical machine and hour bike – check!
Friday – Swimming, bike or rest - Well, I did rest, so Check!
Saturday – Yoga – moved furniture!
Sunday – Swimming – nope! To sore from moving furniture!

This week for goals I am not going to spell out what days I will do what! I will say my goal is:
Two 45 minute sessions on the treadmill;
One yoga session;
Two weight sessions;
Two pool sessions; and
Two walks with Kiddo #1.
Dietary – slow down on the weekends. If I get the munchies I will eat carrots or something with very few point.
Tomorrow is weigh in day :( - please let me (by some strange miracle) not have put weight back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment