"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back to Training

After a VERY rough start to the year I am trying to get back into training. The past two days have gone pretty well so far. I have to keep in mind that I am still on the injured list so I NEED to take it easy, not an easy task!
While Kiddo #2 was at soccer last night I got a 3-miler in and of course he practices in an extremely hilly part of town, but it is good training! I had to stop and rewrap my knee half way through my workout, I think I wrapped it to tight, so I stopped and took the wrap off (I cannot wait until my leg is slim enough to wear my brace again!), then like a dodo head I did some lunges… Stupid, stupid, stupid! Got home, did the whole dinner ritual and then I soaked in a nice tub for a while and relaxed rest of the night. (Oh, and my pace was horrible! But it felt nice to be back out there again)
Today, I had another 3-miler on the books, today I figured I would work on speed. To qualify for Boston I would have to run a 3:40! Ok, seriously, not going to happen for a while, but I would like to not be worrying about the 6:00 cut off time! So, I have my magic number for this year in my head and I got on the treadmill and did 2 minutes at that speed and 3 minutes walking, I will do this again on Wednesday. Next week I think I go up, but I will have to double check my schedule to make sure! After my run I did my normal cool down three minutes walking, two minutes side walking. I think side walking is off my list for a while. Other than that, it felt great!
Monday – 4.04 + Strength
Tuesday – 3.14
Wednesday –
Thursday –
Friday –
Saturday –
Sunday –

No comments:

Post a Comment