"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Golden Corral

As a single mother of two growing boys places like Golden Corral are great! Kiddo #2 is very choosy, but in a good way. He gets a plate of fruit with a side of mac & cheese, then he gets a plate of asparagus with another side of mac &chese, then for dessert he gets more fruit with maybe a cookie. Kiddo #1, not so good. But all that is completely besides the point. As a vegetarian it is not exactly easy for me to go to places like that. I get the salad bar, which a fair number of items have meat in them, the main course bars well that is where my rant really comes from. I love green beans, Golden Corral puts bacon or pork or something in their green beans, so I asked the manager about that (assuming it comes in the can that way). I was informed that it does not come like that, it is Golden Corral’s recipe. I found some really good looking beans (legumes) and low and behold… meat! So I enjoyed a salad (sort of), asparagus (drenched in butter), mashed potatoes (I splurged), broccoli (cooked in water), cauliflower (also cooked in water), dessert was cottage cheese with come pears on top. I do not expect places to cater to those of us who do not eat meat, but it would be nice for a little consideration to be taken. Do green beans really need bacon in them to make them eatable?


As far as training goes, well, things did not work out so well. After yesterday’s run my shoes were cold and wet. To make matters worse I was notified last minute that my boys will be getting their First Communion shortly and there were “family activities” at the church. So my 7-miler went right out the window. So missing that run, my weeks miles came to a grand total of 17.12 and I was less than 6 miles shy for the week. Not bad, but I really need to do better.

Monday – 4.04 + Strength
Tuesday – 3.14
Wednesday – 4.34 + strength (hill training)
Thursday – 3.1
Friday – Rest
Saturday –2.5 miles
Sunday – 0 :(
Week total:17.12
Things on the don’t do list
Lunges (hurts right knee)
Sidewalking (hurts right knee)
Kick the soccer ball (hurts left foot)

No comments:

Post a Comment