"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Facebook

So I was checking out my run/walk schedule last night and it turns out I was supposed to run for 2 and walk for 4, oops! Oh well. I think tomorrow I will stick with 2/3. Today is a two workout day. Lunch time workout was a nice warm up plus an easy mile and heavier weights. Nothing drastic. Tonight’s workout is supposed to be hills. I love hills! I love hills! I love hills! I love hills! Kiddo #2 has soccer practice again tonight so I get to do more outdoor running (hoping it doesn’t rain to much), there is a nice hill that is just around the corner from the practice field.
On a side note, I have about 46 days until San Diego. I am not worried about my time, I will probably walk the majority of it. I am looking forward to getting a few runs in at sea level!

On yet another side (personal) note: I came across someone on Facebook who married a friend of mine a few years back and it got me thinking about my past life (my life while I was in the military for the second time around). It can be very interesting taking strolls down memory lane but it can also be very painful. In this case it was interesting. They had a German court house marriage (I had never been to one) I don’t think they could have fit more people into one room no matter how hard they tried! Sadly, the marriage did not last, but I guess that is life in this modern day and age.
Facebook is a very interesting tool. I have reconnected with a fair number of people I would never have thought would enter my life again. It is nice to hear that things are going ok, it is also nice to know there are people out there (no matter how far away) who you can reach out to in times of need (and vice versa).
Continuing on the Facebook kick… You get friend suggestions on the side, fine whatever! Some of the suggestions are insane. For example I have one friend who went to school in a certain city, so guess what I am getting suggestions to become friends with something out of this city (?)! Ok, I can understand I have a few friends who have a friend in common, sure recommend that person, but my friend from that city ISN’T EVEN A FRIEND OF THAT WHATEVER! Ok, I am done with that horse, for now!




Monday – 4.04 + Strength - did lunges - HUGE mistake!
Tuesday – 3.14 - Did sidewalking - mistake!
Wednesday – 1.34 + strength (part 1 of workout so far)
Thursday –
Friday –
Saturday –
Sunday –

No comments:

Post a Comment