"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cold, Wet Feet

My alarm went off this morning at a very disgusitng time for a Saturday morning, I decided I was not in the mood to go to spinning so I hit snooze, rolled over and contiued sleeping! Kiddo #1 was up at 7 something but did not wake me up until about 8 something (good kid!) at which time I told him to start getting ready for Tae Kwon Do. I started getting ready for my run. I put on my capri running tights, my knee brace (that can finally fit again), my running pants (kind of wind breaker material), then my running bra, HRM, running bra shirt and long sleeve tech shirt from Disney World, oh yea and shoes and socks. As we were heading out the door I realized just how cold it was out there, so I made kiddo #1 go back in and get my sweatshirt and bag. We got to the Tae Kwon Do studio, I pulled out my Tooks head phones (I will get to those in a minute), my inhailer and other bits I needed. I went in until Kiddo #1 started class and off I went. Starting out was al ittle rough, running through the snow might not have helped the sistuation any, but I continued along anyway. My shins were hurting so I kept stopping to stretch them. Finanlly I got into it and I had finished a nice short run. My feet got a little (VERY) wet and cold.







Monday – 4.04 + Strength
Tuesday – 3.14
Wednesday – 4.34 + strength (hill training)Thursday – 3.1
Friday – Rest
Saturday –2.5 miles
Sunday –
Week total:14.02(to date)
Things on the don’t do list
Lunges (hurts right knee)
Sidewalking (hurts right knee)
Kick the soccer ball (hurts left foot)

No comments:

Post a Comment