"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nike+ Sensor


Last week during my Monday run, my Nike+ sensor decided it didn’t want to play, so I gave up and solely went off of my Garmin. I mean my iPod was still playing music so I was ok, but it did not record my mileage. Tuesday it worked fine! Wednesday – fine (for both runs); Thursday – no issues. Saturday – it dealt with the cold with me and no issues. Monday it worked during my first run, but then once again during my evening run it wasn’t working. So like any normal sensible person would do, I went and bought a new sensor because the battery must be wigging out, right? NO! I tried to use my new sensor today and it wouldn’t sink! AHHHHHH! I still did my 4 miles, but once again, no Nike+ tracking. Don’t they know if Nike+ doesn’t record it my Mini doesn’t get her energy and after a certain point she sits down and plays video games or with a paddle ball. So I am trying to run my iPod battery completely down (thinking that might fix the problem), hopefully that will work, I have 7 miles this week alone that isn’t on my Nike+ thing. I have also requested a group mother’s day gift from my family – I am asking for a new iPod (hey mine has got some serious miles on it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment