"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring time in Colorado

I am happy to report that today is my rest day! If the roads clear up, I might take the kiddos to the pool tonight, don’t know yet though! Last night we enjoyed a thunderstorm, today we are fighting with a good amount of heavy wet snow!
I still have two days officially left in this week, but I am very happy with how training is going. In the past I have done my miles and that was that! This season I am working on hills (I love hills, I love hills, I love hills), speed and strength. With Kiddo #2 have soccer practice in hill country, the hill workouts are easy to get it! We have a gymlet downstairs at work (I call it a gymlet because it is a nice small little gym [it is a lot more than most hotels have, but it is not what I would consider a well equipped gym, but I like it all the same]) so I can get a good strength training session in and I can work on speed there too!
Strength:
Lat pull down
Seated row
Leg press
Calf raise
Bench press (usually holding my legs up)
Dumbbell shoulder press
Leg extension
Leg Curl
Bicep curl
Tricep extension
Dumbbell pec fly
Dumbbell should fly thing (I have no idea what the actual name is, but it works shoulders and I need all the help I can get with my shoulders!)
Side bends

I need to add more ab work and some back work to my strength program. I do strength twice a week – one lighter day and one heavier day. I have been contemplating making on day light leg/heavy upper and the other heavy legs/light upper, not sure yet though. I might wait a few weeks before I do that.
Tomorrow I have 30 minute Fartlek session (Kiddo #1 has Tae Kwon Do tomorrow morning and there is a train behind the building!) I am also on the wait list for the 6:30 spinning class. Sunday is a nice 7 miler.


Monday – 4.04 + Strength
Tuesday – 3.14
Wednesday – 4.34 + strength (hill training)Thursday – 3.1
Friday – Rest
Saturday – Spinning + 30 min Fartlek
Sunday –
7 miles
Things on the don’t do list
Lunges (hurts right knee)
Sidewalking (hurts right knee)
Kick the soccer ball (hurts left foot)

No comments:

Post a Comment