"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Friday, April 1, 2011

30 Days Hath September, APRIL, June and November

You would figure with the number of times I write about 30-day challenges something would change. I am happy to report for the most part when I go to Starbucks I only get a tall iced latter; every once in a while I will get a venti, but that is so infrequently I am very proud of it. I am still doing pretty well with no TV after 10:30, once in a while I get a nice case of insomnia and all bets are off. So here we are, April Fool’s Day, there are 30 days in this month so I am hitting the 30 day challenge, yet again! I know, why don’t I just give up. Well, I refuse to just give up!

A few things about this blog have changed. First and foremost, the weight tracker. It is a little disconcerting seeing how much weight I have lost vs. the total amount I am shooting for. So, it now reflects my short term goal (I shoot for 10% of the total amount at a time). At the bottom I also have added my countdown to my two “A” races this year. I have my half ironman in September and the Denver Marathon in October. The half ironman is not so much an “A” race more like a test to see how I am improving.


In March I had 68.5 miles on the books but only completed 52.23 (yuck!). That is definitely something that needs to be worked on! That barely over 75% of the miles I should have completed. I have a 4 mile run on the books for today that got moved to tomorrow (Monday was a little rough so everything got bumped back a day) with that miles included I would have been over 80%.




April has no races scheduled! Nada! Nothing! So this will be a good quiet time to continue training.


* Attend Weight Watchers meeting every week (even bad weeks)


* Complete all BRC FIT training sessions each week (doesn’t have to be on the exact days)


* Water – 75 oz every day (this includes weekends)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, really great blog post… I've enjoyed reading through your blog because of the great style and energy you put into each post. I actually run AceHealth.org, a blog of my personal research and experiences. If you're interested, I would love to have you on as a guest blogger. Please send me an e-mail: bob.mauer65(at)gmail(dot)com, and I can give you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete