"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it!

This morning was in par with all the mornings this week. No one wanted to get up, no one wanted to get dressed, and no one really wanted to do anything.  We finally got out the door 20 minutes late.  I dropped Jose off at daycare, the check I dropped off yesterday appeared to have gone missing. I got to work about 15 minutes late. I couldn’t remember where I put my car key, I checked my pockets, nada; I looked around the back of my car, nada; I looked on the hook attached to my purse, and there it was!
I finally made it to my desk, turned my computer on, opened my email and found…
CONGRATULATIONS!
You are a winner of one of 10 COUNTRY Financial Colorado Marathon complimentary race entries! We look forward to cheering you on at the race. In the meantime, please print and fill out the attached entry form (be sure to sign under #4…
Huh? AHHHH! I get to run my favorite marathon in two weeks.  DON’T WORRY I am not running the full marathon I am only doing the half.  Geeze, please! Give me credit! I am going through the roof right now.  This marathon is beautiful!  I love going to Fort Collins and my boys will love the fact we are taking a road trip! It is just over the weekend head up Saturday and come back Sunday. I am on the roof right now!  I mean YAY!!!!!!
As a smart fur child mommy, I called the doggy hotel and made reservations. The nice guy and I started talking and he said he can’t run a race because of a bad knee, I politely replied that I have a bum knee too, and nerve damage in my leg and lupus and rheumatoid arthritis and asthma! He changed his tune! I understand not everyone is a runner, I get that.  But simple say that running is not your thing, don’t give stupid excuses!
Now comes the big issue, what to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment