"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.

It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

So tired!

Yes, I am still seriously fighting with fatigue, I think it is mostly related to the fact my body is fighting like hell to prevent me from getting the dull blown version of what my boys had.  This weekend I was feeling worse than I had been this entire time so I decided I would have a stay in bed day on Saturday.  Jose had other plans in mind!  He took his shower got decent enough to come into my room and asked me to re-tape his finger. HOLY CRAP! How long has it been like this? ‘I don’t know’ When did you notice the tape was tight? ‘This morning.’ His finger had more than doubled!  I grumbled as I got out of bed and got dressed.  He grabbed a bag of frozen fruit out of the freeze (we don’t have ice packs) and back to Urgent Care we went.  A lot of the same staff as there that had been there on Thursday night, funny thing, they remembered us! The nurse say his finger ‘Oh my God!’ I wonder if she was ever taught she is supposed to keep the patient calm, maybe she wasn’t worried about us because we were having to much fun watching Achmed the Dead Terrorist on my sister’s phone.  The doc came in looked at his finger, relooked the xray, camed back in and explained that sometimes for whatever reason the swelling will go nuts up to 5 days after the injury.  We did the right thing by coming back in because it was slightly whitish, but he should be fine in a few weeks.  EXCUSE ME?  It will take a while to heal.  I keep a very close eye on his finger when I tape it up to make sure the swelling isn’t getting worse. 
Sunday I tried to sleep in but Charlie just HAD to go pee and when he was done (Jose let him out) he just had to come back to bed and get loved on.  Every time I would drift off he would whine until I started scratching him again!

Today I made it down for another walk/run.  More hills, less flats today, so more walking less running.  Felt good though.  Tomorrow I am shooting for more time running, less time walking. 
OH! To make my runs even better my new running capris made it in.  I am SO excited!!!! Thank you Running Skirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment