"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Divorce

One of goals has been to get in all my FIT training sessions accomplished, well, I am sick! One of my evil little germ buckets shared with me so I have done some serious modifications. Instead of running 4 miles, then 5 miles, then… I have been doing some pretty good walking. I have been hitting the treadmill and setting it to hills and walking at a 4.0 pace; every time it goes to a 0% incline I jog a little. Yesterday I was able to get a two-fer in. I enjoyed a walk during lunch and I had wanted to go to Zumba but I wasn’t out of work in time to get to the class. I went down to our wonderful little gymlet to get a full body weight session in. One of my co-workers came in and we started chatting. This gentleman is more than just a co-worker, he is a friend. A few years back he took me and, later, my older son rock climbing. He is a very kind person. He asked me how I have been feeling (he knows about the whole lupus thing and the fact I am a runner and this that and everything else) and he was happy to hear I am feeling a lot better, still fighting with fatigue but all in all, better! We talked about work, and then I find out he and his wife (of 12 years) are separating! WHAT??? Why? “She says I am not crazy enough about her anymore.” I am the first to admit, when it comes to marriage I have a VERY pessimistic person when it comes to marriage. I could not believe how much pain I saw on his face, his heart was truly breaking.

1 comment: