"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Colorado Weather

4 April 2012
If there is one thing I have learned over the past almost 13 years is never make solidified plans.  I love going to Tuesday morning spin class.  Thanks to the Colorado weather my kiddos had a snow day yesterday, we didn’t get much snow but it was bitter. I figured we would use it as a lazy day, until my afternoon VA appointment.  Jose enjoyed watching TV and Cuervo decided it was his job to keep the fur kids warm (he curled up with them and took a nap). 

This morning I watched the news through a very blurry cracked eye, school was on!!!!!!  The boys got off to school with no drama and then it was my turn to get up and get moving.  Luckily there was an 8:45 spin class, it wasn’t with Tony, but I really wanted to get a spin class in so I cheated on Tony.  I love Tony’s personality, he makes the class so much fun! Tim, on the other hand… I was texting an old friend through ¾ of the class, but I did get a good sweat in.  After class I hit the treadmill for a turtle pace mile.  My right foot was a little cranky for a bit, but soon got over it.  As I was leaving the gym I realized I was missing my little gym buddy.  Ok, he and I have a lot of work to do when it comes to proper weight training, but it is kind of nice to have him there with me.  It will be interesting once Cuervo can go in that area too! 

Oh well, tomorrow… I don’t know what I want to do.  Spin class is out, I can’t stand that instructor – WAY to screechy! Hot yoga is a possibility.  I will get my turtle treadmill (or outside) time in I am thinking about a nice swim, I don’t’ know.  Tomorrow will tell!



~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

2 comments: