"Don't let the fat chick beat you"?

I have been racing for about 5 years now. I am not a typical runner or even triathlete. I fight with serious medical conditions every step of the way, but each step makes me stronger. I have two boys both with special needs and I have learned to chalk that up to making me stronger as well.


It is with sad heart that I must report that lupus has won the battle this year, but trust me when I say the war is far from over! My racing days are not over by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a minor setback that will make me stronger.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Flying dog!!!!!

2 April 2012
Spring break is now over and the kiddos are back in school!  Last week started off really well and then it went downhill! Wednesday Jose woke up in tears! No, it wasn’t because I tried to kill him the previous two days. He was crying because his ear hurt really bad.  The plan was the kiddos were going to head over to G&P’s (grandma/papa’s) to help out again, well, that got changed.  I was able to get an appointment for Jose in the morning, and Cuervo went to G&P’s. Jose had a nasty ear infection and sinus infection.  He decided he wanted a mommy day instead of heading to G&P’s.  Thursday we went over to help a friend with yard work.  In a matter of about 5 hours, we got done what would have taken her weeks!  I made sure Jose and I had plenty of sunscreen on, but I paid the price for spending that much time in the sun.  Friday I went to breakfast with former coworkers and then relaxed rest of the day, the boys and I watched Scooby Doo rest of the day!!!!!!

Saturday (Happy birthday to my dad!!!), I had planned on getting up and hitting the trail for my weekly long run. Yea, I felt like doggy doo! I rolled over and went back to sleep! I got up for my dad’s birthday lunch.  We did make a trip to the hardware store (my front yard doesn’t look really nice and I have big plans for it) to pick up a few things on the way home.  Sunday I wished I could just die!  After getting my boys to my dad for church (it was Palm Sunday they were going to church) I went back to sleep. 
So here we are, spring break is over and the crappy weather is blowing in.  I am feeling better today, so I figured I would take Freddie out for my 3 mile loop… Freddie is a 60 pound boxer, shortly after we got off our street poor Freddie got blown off the curb! I said crappy weather was BLOWING in! He got back up on the sidewalk, turned around and gave me the look of Mommy!!!!! He is fine, he didn’t get hurt (if he did, I wouldn’t have thought it was so funny). Unfortunately my back started going nuts again.  Freddie and I were on the dirt trail and I was bending over trying to stretch my back, we turned around and headed back to the sidewalk to head home and this nice lady stopped and asked if I was ok.  See there are nice people out there!
Tomorrow I think I have an appointment during spin class time, I am not sure, I need to check.  But I will hit the gym, might hit the pool!





~If you hear that someone is speaking ill of you, instead of trying to defend yourself you should say: "He obviously does not know me very well, since there are so many other faults he could have mentioned"~

No comments:

Post a Comment